This is the place on the web to connect with Nancy Brauhn-Curnes and the Djembe African drum.
The purpose of this site is to share the joy and benefits of drumming with persons of all ages and abilities.
Please look around to find answers to your drumming questions.
Visit our Services page to learn when and where Nancy will be teaching and performing.
Drumming has many positive benefits including:
- Increases concentration, focus, memory and listening skills
- Induces deep relaxation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps with carpal tunnel syndrome
- Boosts the immune system
- Releases negative feelings, blockages, and emotional trauma
- Accesses the entire brain
- Synchronizes the brain's two hemispheres
- Encourages self-expression
- Promotes the production of endorphins
- Encourages a general feeling of well-being
- Sustained drumming increases heart and blood flow resulting in the "high" common with aerobic exercise
- Promotes community and comradery
- Anyone of any age or ability can drum
- It's just plain fun!